He’s 18 months old today. It’s a halfway that feels like a big deal. No longer baby, not yet boy, something wholly different. Walking, talking, tantrum throwing.
Things I have learned in the last 18 months:
- I love him, more than I thought possible, though it took a while.
- I love my husband more. The added dimension of fatherhood sits on him nicely.
- Even though I don’t “work,” staying at home is hard. I will shrug off the guilt I feel when this thought hits me periodically.
- Mondays still have the power to suck. I thought I would have left that behind with an office for some naive reason, but that’s not at all the case.
- I am more than just mom, or just wife for that matter.
- It takes work to be more than just the previous. It is acceptable, indeed it is needed to put this work into myself.
- When I feel like a whole person, I am a much happier wife and mother.